Monday, September 23, 2013

Capture Life - 09.23.13


Capture Life – Hello Bokeh

Time to get up close & personal and say hello to the beauty of Bokeh!
Defined by Wikipedia as : the blur or the aesthetic quality of blur, in out of focus areas of an image.

Every once in awhile  I get the chance to take a walk in nature and capture the beauty that is around us. Yesterday I set out to capture the “weeds” that grow on our ground; most of which are starting to turn brown as they gear up for Fall. By getting up close and using a large aperture (lowest f-stop number) I am able to create images that almost become abstract or Fine Art like. Okay, well maybe not that amazing, but we can all dream right? 

I love my 50mm 1.4 the best for capturing Bokeh, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be captured with other lenses as well. 

I was lucky enough to have this adorable little bee land at just the right time for this photo: thank you Mr. Bee

Canon 50mm f1.4 1/1328 ISO160

This photo had beautiful light filtering through the trees right behind it creating those beautiful soft circles.

Canon 50mm f1.4 1/1328 ISO160

I got down on the ground for this shot. It was an open shade area to prevent any harsh shadows.

Canon 50mm f1.4 1/400 ISO 160

This photo is possibly my favorite. I was shooting from below the subject so I could get just a hint of sun flare at the top. 

Canon 50mm f1.4 1/8000 ISO200

This last example was shot with a smaller aperture (larger number) f5.6 rather than f1.4 just to show you that even if your lens doesn't go to f1.4 or f1.8 or even f2.8 you can still get this look!


I had to turn this one into black and white. I love the way the entire image becomes about texture. 

Canon 50mm f5.6 1/125 ISO200

And if anyone is wondering. I shoot A LOT of photos. That’s the beauty of digital. Don’t be afraid to keep that button clicking!

Now, let’s get those photos on a page and our memories recorded!

I went very simple with this page and did a tiny image to allow the beautiful tags from the September Tag kit shine. LOVE this kit! Have you gotten yours yet?
Here’s a look at the kit: Go get yours HERE!



I hope you are inspired to get up close and capture the tiny details of nature. 

Now go on … Get out and Capture Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment