Monday, September 16, 2013

our monthly kit + your stash

Welcome back to September's edition of our monthly kit + your stash! This month we are showing you two ways of mixing Elle's Studio September 2013 Kit with your stash to create two different projects. 

Annette selected the following supplies...

and created this gorgeous, airy project life spread:


"I love the variety of the Elle's Studio kits because you can always find several pieces that will work well with other products you are using. For September's kit, I was inspired by the pinks and blues and and thought they would coordinate well with a Project Life layout I had in mind for my daughter's album. I wanted to use some of the Studio Calico Marks & Co Project Life kit + the Project Life Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic kit, as well as a few other things including that beautiful Lindsay Letters letterpress card and thickers from Studio Calico, a roller date stamp from Dear Lizzy and some washi tape. 

To create the layout I picked colors that went well with my daughter's Ariel outfit and also had fun playing with a few of the Kal Barteski stamps from the Studio Calico kit as well as the new Elle's Studio Penelope line. I embossed the stamps with white Zing embossing powder to help the stamps stand out. I also added a little flip card to add more journaling under one of the filler cards and cut down the smaller tags to add fun accents on my calendar and journaling card. Love how it turned out!" -Annette


 I, on the other hand, went for bolder colors...

and created a layout about back to school:


I love how this kit has many elements that can be used for different themes (back to school, autumn, football, daily life...). This kit matches Elle's Studio Penelope collection beautifully so I started with that. I then added pieces of Basic Grey's RSVP collection and a few embellishments from the Studio Calico PL kit. 

For my layout, I wanted to show all the different colors on the kit yet keep it simple so I rolled different patterned papers then layered the picture and tags on top. Finally, i created a little cluster of tags and other embellishments for balance and fun :) -Waleska

No comments:

Post a Comment