Wednesday, September 25, 2013

fun with cards


Hi guys. Fun with cards is back! This is the perfect time of year to send a handmade, handwritten note to a special one. I recently received a card from a friend and I have to tell you, it really meant a lot to me. I keep going back to read it over and over and it makes me smile every time.

Today's cards are all about mixing colors, patterns and shapes:
all my heart: I love this paper from the Penelope collection and decided to use it as a background. I cut around the hexagons, removed some and layered others on top of the same color. To make those stand out a bit I inked the edges with a soft grey ink. The paper clip tag worked perfectly as a sentiment.



many thanks: On this card, I mixed Penelope with September's monthly kit. I added two paper strips to a white background, punched fall leaves in different colors and finished it up with a banner. Very simple.


hello friends: Here I mixed August kit with September's. I love how well all the kits coordinate! I layered the striped card with the frame, then added a few sequins to make it a bit more festive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment