Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Project Life


This week's Project Life covers the week of August 5-11.


Slowly but surely I am catching up from the summer.  Last week I allowed myself to take time to work on my kid's new school albums , resulting in being one more week behind on our weekly Project Life albums.   That is just life and there are things that will cause us to get behind in our albums-- no big deal!


True, I believe it's easier and more inspiring to be working on a week that is fresh in your mind, however, there are many things you can include when working on a week that is not in the forefront of your mind.


First, keep it simple.   There are not a ton of embellishments on this spread, just a few.  I wanted to spend my time trying to get caught up.   Second, use photos of inanimate objects to fill in space if needed.  (like the photo of the sunflower, and the calendar I included).  Third, use found objects to tell a story (back to school shopping for us this week).  And finally, don't be afraid to just journal even if there is not a corresponding photo.


For this spread I used a mixture of Saltwater items and Penelope (available early september!)


We want to feature your Project Life album!  During the last week of each month we will be featuring a couple Project Life spreads that caught our eye in the Member Gallery.  We will be posting Project Life spreads on our blog tomorrow!   If your spread is featured we will be sending you a $5 gift card to use in our store.   Good Luck!

Project Life was created by Becky Higgins as a way to simplify how you document life and preserve memories. Photo pockets used in my Project Life album are created by Becky and can be found here.  You can read of all the Elle's Studio Project Life posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment